In this class, you will recycle old books for the base of your compositions. Using acrylic paints and speedy carve blocks, you will build up interesting abstract or detailed collage compositions on the book pages of your choice.
- Old books (source from yard sales, Wonder Book & Video, or Book Thing of Baltimore), old cards with fun illustrations, music sheets, ledger paper, magazines, old advertisements, etc.
- 2H to 2B graphite pencill
- Fine tip Sharpie or other marker
- Traching paper
- Speedball Speedy Carve Blocks or Battleship Grey Linoleum in various sizes or quatities if you wish to make multiple blocks
- Linoleum cutters/gouges
- X-acto knife
- Acrylic paint brushes
- Acrylic paint (include extra white)
- Acrylic Matte Gel Medium
- Small sheet of plexi glass, mylar, acetate, or disposable palette to use as an inking station
- Backing material to mount collages, thick paper, wood panel, or canvas panel
Ages 18+, 12 and up with adult supervision