Stab binding is traditionally done as a soft or paper cover book, but we do not have to limit ourselves. Students will be learning a hard cover option that can be used with any of the 4 techniques of stab binding sewing we learned in previous classes.
This class will focus on creation of the cover. The books will be bound with the stitch of choice of each individual.
Feel free to join us if you have taken Stab Binding I or II, or have experience with stab binding and are confident in a least one stitching pattern for this class. For ages 13 and up.
- Cardstock or patterned papers for cover (a few pieces)
- Long grain paper works best such as Lokata paper
- 18" long cover paper (2-3 sheets)
- 12x18 acid free construction paper is a good option
- Davy Board/Binder Board/Cover Board
- Paste brush
- Plain paper for the pages (several pieces)
- Ruler (preferable non-slip metal)
- Cuttine mat
- X-Acto or box cutter style knife
- Something to punch into (Instructor prefers old phone books to cutting mats)
- Needle with large enough eye for your thread
- Waxed linen thread
- Awl ( A thumbstack will work too)
- Bone folder
- Embellishments such as beads
- Decorative punches (optional